Our terms and conditions are below. If you have any queries about the below, please contact us.
1. Sale Contract
a. When you place an order for any material or product (in this agreement 'resources') by submitting an order on our website your contract with us will commence when we, The Bible Reading Fellowship, confirm acceptance of your order by automatic email. We agree we will supply the resources listed on the said order.
b. These Terms and Conditions shall govern the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions.
c. Variations to these Terms and Conditions may from time to time be made available on the website.
In submitting an order you acknowledge that:
a. All information and specifications relating to the resources produced by any publisher represented on the website are approximate and The Bible Reading Fellowship is not responsible for the accuracy of content provided. Covers may vary from those displayed on the website because of monitor and printer capabilities and last minute changes made by publishers.
b. The Bible Reading Fellowship may make any changes to the specification of the resources to conform to any statutory or European requirements.
c. NB We will take your latest online order or donation postal address and use that as your default address for all your contact with us for that account, online and offline, unless you tell us otherwise.
If you would like to use a delivery address that is not your main correspondence address, please enter this into the ‘Deliver to’ section at the order confirmation stage of checkout.
3. Product Description
We attempt to be as accurate as possible. However The Bible Reading Fellowship does not warrant that descriptions of resources or other content of this website are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. Subject to the Right of Cancellation at clause 7 below, your sole remedy, should resources purchased by you be other than described on the website, is to return the resources in an unused state and the Bible Reading Fellowship will refund the purchase price and your postage costs.
4. Pricing Policy
a. The price of the resources shall be the price as quoted on the website on the date the order was placed, subject to any inadvertent pricing errors (whether technical or otherwise) by The Bible Reading Fellowship. If the advertised price on the site is such an error The Bible Reading Fellowship will either give you the opportunity to withdraw your order before accepting it or refund the total purchase price and your postage costs for returning the resources.
b. The following resources have shipping costs included within the price quoted: Subscriptions to Bible Reading Notes, Get Messy! and Quiet Spaces.
c. The following resources are free of any shipping costs, thus do not count towards the calculation of shipping costs: Donations, Downloads, Quiet Days, Gift Vouchers.
d. Where delivery costs apply, the price of the resources does not include the cost of delivery. For such orders, you will pay the delivery charges as quoted on the website on the day of purchase.
- See Shipping Costs at www.brfonline.org.uk/pages/postage-and-packaging
e. The price of the resources includes any applicable Value Added Tax, which you shall be liable to pay to The Bible Reading Fellowship.
5. Credit Cards
a. Credit and debit cards accepted by The Bible Reading Fellowship are shown during the checkout process.
b. All payments by credit or debit cards will be taken prior to dispatch of the resources. Any fraudulent use of credit or debit cards will be notified to the authorities along with any identification details that were supplied with the order.
c. Any refund made to your credit or debit card shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant issuing bank and therefore be subject to any time delay as specified by the issuing bank. We will not be liable for any delay that is outside our control. A correct cardholder name and address must be supplied at the time of ordering where it is different from your name and address.
d. For information about Credit Card Security, see the Appendix below.
a. If you do not take delivery of the resources or give The Bible Reading Fellowship adequate delivery instructions we shall not be liable for any loss or damage or deterioration to the resources delivered.
b. If you do not receive all the goods as specified on your original order then you must notify The Bible Reading Fellowship in writing within 14 working days from the date of delivery. In any event any loss or damage you suffer as a result of such a delivery shall be limited to the price of the goods not delivered or the cost of replacement resources.
c. Risk of loss and title in the resources will pass to you on delivery to the address stated on your order.
d. Where resources are not yet available, the publishing date is stated on the web, and the option of Preorder is shown. Payment is taken for such resources when your order is placed, and resources will be delivered within 21 days of the publishing date (UK only - delivery times for outside the UK vary). Any not yet available resources can be cancelled from your order up to the date when they are available. Thereafter, see Right of Cancellation below.
e. Where resources are subscriptions, you will receive an email confirming your order, and the relevant issues will be supplied in time for the appropriate start dates, where applicable and possible. If the relevant issues are not supplied by the start date due to technical error or shipping error, please contact us.
f. Where resources are Quiet Days, you will receive a letter of confirmation for your booking within 14 days.
7. Right of Cancellation
Subject to clause 14 below The Bible Reading Fellowship warrants that the resources will correspond with the order at the time of delivery and will be free from defects on delivery. If The Bible Reading Fellowship is in breach of this warranty you shall notify The Bible Reading Fellowship within 14 working days from the date of discovery of the defect. On receiving a notice of failure of warranty The Bible Reading Fellowship may, at its sole option either replace all the faulty resources or refund the price of the resources that are defective.
9. Export Terms
The Bible Reading Fellowship will be responsible for complying with any legislation or regulation governing the importation of resources into the country of destination.
10. Withdrawal of Resources
The Bible Reading Fellowship may withdraw the sale or distribution of any resources without prior notice, or liability, to you.
All material included on this site including but not limited to graphics, logos, icons, text and software is the property of The Bible Reading Fellowship or its content providers and is protected by UK and international copyright laws.
12. Access to the website
The Bible Reading Fellowship grants you the right to use this website for your personal use but not to download or modify it or any part of it except with our prior written consent. This licence does not include any resale or commercial use or derivative use of the website or its contents. No part of the site may be used for commercial purposes without the express written consent of The Bible Reading Fellowship.
Downloadable media purchased from The Bible Reading Fellowship, including (but not limited to) PDF document downloads and mp3 music, is protected by UK and international copyright laws.
You are allowed to:
- print a single copy, provided it is for your own personal use
- print without limit any pages labelled 'Reproduced with permission from...'
- burn mp3 audio files to a single CD for use in venues where mp3s cannot be played
- keep a single backup copy, provided only one copy is in use at any one time
You are not allowed to:
- print multiple copies of the PDF download file
- print multiple copies of any musical scores within the PDF download file, unless the organisation printing them has appropriate licences. See www.ccli.co.uk for more information
- email, copy, post on a website or by any other means electronically share downloadable media
Note: If you have received our download files by email, you may have received an illegal copy. Please check with the sender that it has been legally obtained, and for conditions of its use.
If you have any questions about the legal use of downloadable media, please contact us at email@example.com.
14. Paying on invoice
a. We allow schools in the UK to place orders and pay on invoice, rather than paying before despatch. Such orders can be placed online via www.barnabasinschools.org.uk, by FAX on 01865 319701 or by telephone on 01865 319700.
b. We reserve the right to cancel an order placed on invoice - we will contact you if this occurs.
c. Payment on invoice is only available to schools in the UK, and only to orders placed via the Barnabas in Schools website (not via our other websites).
d. An order placed on invoice will not be accepted unless both the billing and delivery address are the school address.
e. If you purchase any downloadable resources, you will not be able to download these upon purchasing, but instead you will receive an email from our customer services team with links to download the relevant resources if your order is accepted.
f. Payment should be made by cheque (made payable to BRF) or by electronic payment within 30 days of the invoice date. You can find our postal address in the footer of this website, or below.
15. Disclaimer and Liability
a. This website is provided by The Bible Reading Fellowship on an ‘as is’ basis. We make no representations or warranties of any kind express or implied as to the operation of this site or the information content materials or products included on this site. You agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk.
b. Except as specifically stated on the website, to the full extent permissible by applicable law The Bible Reading Fellowship disclaims all warranties express or implied including but not limited to implied warranties of satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
c. The Bible Reading Fellowship does not warrant that this website its servers or email sent from The Bible Reading Fellowship are free from viruses or other harmful components.
d. The Bible Reading Fellowship will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this website including but not limited to damages for consequential loss where such losses were not foreseeable to both parties when the Contract was made or where such losses were not caused by any breach by The Bible Reading Fellowship. The Bible Reading Fellowship excludes liability for any losses to parties who are not dealing as consumers including but not limited to loss of profit, business or economic loss.
e. These exclusions of liability will not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of The Bible Reading Fellowship. or any of its employees or agents.
a. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of this Agreement and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected thereby.
b. Failure or neglect by The Bible Reading Fellowship to enforce at any time any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall not be construed nor shall be deemed to be a waiver of its rights under these Terms and Conditions nor in any way affect the validity of the whole or any part of these Terms and Conditions nor prejudice The Bible Reading Fellowship's rights to take subsequent action.
THIS DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER.
BRF is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.
18. Applicable Law
The Contract and these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to English law and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
You can contact us at the following address:
The Bible Reading Fellowship
15 The Chambers
Tel: 44 (0) 1865 319700
Fax: 44 (0)1865 319701
Copyright The Bible Reading Fellowship ©2019 and content providers
Appendix I: Credit Card Security
The Bible Reading Fellowship makes every effort to protect your payment details, and our practices are compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). For orders placed online, your payment details are entered securely on an encrypted web page hosted by our acquirer (a company authorized by the banks to process our card transactions), and The Bible Reading Fellowship does not at any time have access to or store your card details.
For orders placed by telephone or by post, your card details are destroyed immediately after the payment is processed.
If you have any queries about credit card security, please contact us.
Appendix II: Complaints policy and process
The Bible Reading Fellowship (BRF) views complaints not only as a chance to put things right for the person who has made the complaint, but also as an opportunity to learn and improve for the future.
Our policy is:
- To provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use
- To publicise the existence of our complaints procedure so that people know how to contact us
- To make sure everyone at BRF knows what to do if a complaint is received
- To make sure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely way
- To make sure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved to your satisfaction
- To gather information that will help us to improve what we do
Our process is as follows:
- All complaints will be recorded, passed to the relevant head of department, and acknowledged within five working days.
- If we can deal with your complaint immediately, we will do so.
- We will reply within 20 working days, or, if this is not possible because, for example, an investigation has not been fully completed, a progress report will be sent with an indication of when a full reply will be given.
- If your complaint is found to be justified, you will receive an apology together with details of any other steps we believe are necessary in the circumstances. We will also explain what we are doing to prevent the issue arising again.
- In the event that we find your complaint is not justified, we will write to you as soon as possible, and within 20 working days, and explain why.
- If you feel that the complaint has not been satisfactorily resolved, you can request that it be reviewed at Board level. At this stage, the complaint will be passed to the Chair of Trustees.
- We will acknowledge the request for Board level review within five working days, indicating who will deal with the case and when you can expect a reply.
- The decision taken at this stage is final, unless the Board decides it is appropriate to seek external assistance with resolution.
All complaint information will be handled sensitively, informing only those who need to know and following any relevant data protection requirements.
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, The Bible Reading Fellowship will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request The Bible Reading Fellowship to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by The Bible Reading Fellowship or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when The Bible Reading Fellowship asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
Appendix IV: Distribution
Our titles are distributed by Marston Book Services Limited, 160 Eastern Avenue, Milton Park, OX14 4SB.